Wednesday, January 29, 2014

3.2 Diffusion of Innovations

“Diffusion of innovations is the process of communicating through planned strategies for the purpose of gaining adoption” (Seels & Richey, 1994, p. 46).

Technology Maturation Evaluation
Edtech 501 - School Evaluation Summary

Here I present my Technology Maturation Evaluation. This evaluation looks at the technological uses and needs in an organization. Through the evaluation process, it became very clear that my school did not have a technology plan. Furthermore, my school was not utilizing or maintaining currently owned technologies.

After creating this artifact, I felt obligated to conference with my school leader regarding my findings. She was very interested to learn about technology plans. With my input, she decided to form a technology committee. Formerly, teachers in the school had little to no input or knowledge of technology purchases until delivery. With the new technology committee in place, teachers have become an integral part of the technology purchasing procedures. As an added benefit, discussions centered around technology has gone from almost none to frequent. Some of the discussions have been from the technology committee soliciting teacher input, but there has been even more conversations centered around the integration and use of introduced technologies.