Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2.3 Computer-Based Technologies

“Computer-based technologies are ways to produce or deliver materials using microprocessor-based resources” (Seels & Richey, 1994, p. 39).

Why Evaluate?
EdTech 505: Week 3 Assignment

This Prezi presentation is an exploration of why and how evaluation can be used. This presentation explores evaluation using hypothetical cased, then  explores the evaluation of purchasing a subscription to a teacher planbook website. Through this, I discuss the benefits and limitations of evaluation, the factors that ensure a successful evaluation, and how evaluation results can be used.

This Prezi was one of my first experiences producing and delivering electronic information and media without using Microsoft PowerPoint. Since this presentation, I have explored several other methods such as blogs, YouTube, Voki, podcasts, XtraNormal, and screencasting. I chose to use Prezi as my artifact sample because I have not only used this method of material production and delivery in an academic setting, but I have also used this new skill set in my professional life. Once a year, each elementary building in my school district creates a presentation for the board of education. For my school's annual presentation, I volunteered my new found skills and produced a Prezi to represent the school. I then helped deliver the content during a regular monthly board of education meeting. Below is the presentation I created for that event. Caution, the Prezi contains several large multimedia elements such as videos, pictures, and audio and the presentation may take a couple of minutes to load.