Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2.2 Audiovisual Technologies

“Audiovisual technologies are ways to produce or deliver materials by using mechanical devices or electronic machines to present auditory and visual messages” (Seels & Richey, 1994, p. 38).

Tutorial:How To Sign Up For Automatic Email Updates
Edtech 513 - Screencast Project

I created a mailing list through Mail Chimp. The purpose of the mailing list is to keep families informed about school activities and updates. In this project, I created a tutorial using www.ScreenCast-O-Matic.com's screen recording tool. The tutorial explains the process of signing up for the automatic email updates using the widget on my classroom website. The creation of the video production was straight forward using ScreenCast-O-Matic's tutorials. Uploading to www.YouTube.com allowed me to deliver this tutorial via direct link, embedding in a website, or email.

Completing this artifact has helped me learn how easy it is to share information. Before I would spend a lot of time online and on the phone trying to talk relatives or colleagues through technical support. Now, I just create a screencast, with a voice over, and send it to them right away. Through this artifact, I have become much more efficient in the delivery of technical support and information using audio visual messages.