Sunday, February 9, 2014

Edtech 513 - Screencast Project

Edtech 513 - Screencast Project

This project is a quick tutorial on how to sign up for emails on my website. I have been rewriting my website and recently added this feature. My goal was to show how to sign up and what the different options for email meant.

I tried a couple of the programs, but I settled on Screencast-O-Matic. I chose this tool because it is full functional, I don't have to worry about a trial period and because it works without installing an application.. I also like that this tool can export into several different formats. For this project, I exported directly to YouTube from within the application. This tool also has some limited editing functions. If you make a mistake, you can pause and truncate the recording, then continue when you are ready.

Embedding the YouTube video was straight forward:
[<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="270" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IPWPQkGmNnA" width="480"></iframe>]