Wednesday, January 29, 2014

4.3 Delivery System Management

“Delivery system management involves planning, monitoring and controlling ‘the method by which distribution of instructional materials is organized’ . . . [It is] a combination of medium and method of usage that is employed to present instructional information to a learner” (Seels & Richey, 1994, p. 51).

Virtual Tour Of Ann Arbor Michigan
Edtech 597:Android Apps - Virtual Field Trip

This artifact is an Android application. I created this application to be a virtual field trip of Ann Arbor, Michigan. This could easily be adapted to any other location or field trip. The distribution of this app can be done through direct download to cell phone, email to cell phone, through a QRcode, or through the Google Play store.

Creating this artifact gave me the opportunity to practice distributing information in many different ways. I shared the file directly directly through email, I shared the QR code, and I shared the app using an external hyperlink. Since creating this artifact, I have delivered my classroom newsletter in many different formats. Through trial and error, I found a method of newsletter delivery that is very efficient. I set up mailing lists through MailChimp that is fed from a news feed. When I want to send out a new newsletter, I just create a new blog post with a "news" label. I then review MailChimp and Blogger to monitor what percentage of the recipients actually open the email.